About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Freedom of the Spirit

Freedom of the Spirit

Galatians 5:1  


It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.


Isaiah 29:13  


The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.



By Emerson


For He that worketh high and wise,


Nor pauses in his plan,


Will take the sun out of the skies


Ere freedom out of man


By Langbridge


O God, Who hast made Thyself known to Thy saints in all generations in breaking down the bonds of self-interest, the narrowing limitations which habit and convention and self-will build up on every side, let this I pray Thee be my experience also. Set me free to enter into the largeness and freedom of the love which passeth knowledge;  make me to know its height and depth and length and breadth; help me, sharing Thine infinite love, to seek those whom Thou lovest. 


Let the life I live be longer leads me ever to seek “to have wherein to glory of my own:” teach me to glory only in what glorifies Thee. The things that are dear to me I would give up for the glory that is dearer. If I have Thee I have all, and without Thee all is nothing. Liberate me from every bondage of the soul. Through Jesus Christ. Amen.
Arouse thy courage ere it fails and faints,
God props no Gospel up with sinking saints.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment