About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Confessing Christ

Confessing Christ

To confess is sometimes difficult:


Those who confessed Christ were put out of the synagogue of the Jews -


John 9:22 


His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jews, for already the Jews had decided that anyone who acknowledged that Jesus was the Christ would be put out of the synagogue.


Some leaders failed to confess Christ because of the Pharisees -


John 12:42-43 


42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 


43 for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.
When a afflicted Christians must continue to confess Christ - 


Matthew 10:32-33


32 “Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 


33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
Those who are ashamed of Christ shall be rejected - 


Mark 8:38 


If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.”
If we deny Him, we shall be denied by Him also - 


2 Timothy 2:12 


If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
Matthew 10:33 


But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment