About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 1, 2014

The Holy Spirit in the Bible

The Holy Spirit in the Bible 

Holy Spirit work includes: To justify Jesus before the world and the believers, reminding of his words, witness to Him:


John 14:15-26


15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command. 


16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 


17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 


18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 


19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 


20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 


21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”


22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”


23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 


24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.


25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 


26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
John 16:13-14 


13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 


14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.

Ephesians 3:2-6 


2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 


3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 


4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 


5 which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 


6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. I believe that we all need counseling / guidance at some point of our lives. For some, more regularly than others. What better way than to have the the Holy Spirit guide us... we have an insider to help us :-)

    John 14:26 is written proof that the Holy Spirit has been sent to us to work with us, correct us and keep us on the right track - provided we let him work in our lives. IF we want to be be able to see God's work in our lives, it is important that we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us - with no conditions set from our side.

    The second thing that touched me was the reminder of the co-relation between LOVE and OBEDIENCE
    John 14:15, 23 and 24 - imply that IF we want to be family with God, we have to first Love Jesus and Obey his commands. There's not other way.

    Because the Father will only be friends with friends of his son. People who love and obey his son Jesus who (tries to) direct our paths through the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment