About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bible Verses for Encouraging Gentleness

Bible Verses for Encouraging Gentleness

Proverbs 15:1  


A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.


Matthew 11:29-30  


29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 


30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Philippians 4:5  


Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.


1 Peter 3:15  


But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,


Titus 3:2  


To slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.


James 3:17  


But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.


Galatians 6:1  


Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.


1 Corinthians 13:4-5 


4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 


5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.


John 16:33  


“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


John 14:27  


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment