About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Scriptures for Tithing

Scriptures for Tithing 

Genesis 14:20  


And blessed be God Most High, who delivered your enemies into your hand.” Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.


Genesis 28:20-22 


20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 


21 so that I return safely to my father's house, then the LORD will be my God 


22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”


Exodus 23:19  


“Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God. “Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.
Exodus 34:26  


“Bring the best of the first fruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God. “Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.”


Leviticus 27:30  


“‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD.


Numbers 18:26  


“Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD's offering.


Deuteronomy 14:22-23


22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 


23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.


Smile 


God oft hath a great share in a little house. - George Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment