About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, April 26, 2018

God's Children

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. - Romans 8:16

We can believe that we are God's children. We can think it. We can desire it with all of our hearts. We can pray for it. But, the real validation happens when the Holy Spirit joins with the spirit inside of each of us to speak to God, the Father of all grace. The Spirit's words are simple, "O Father, hear the heart of your child!" The Spirit then makes clear the emotions and needs of the believer in that moment.

God, the Holy Spirit lives inside each disciple. He intercedes for us when we pray even when we don't have words to say what our hearts yearn to express (Romans 8:26-27). The Spirit's presence in us is one of the proofs that we are children of God (Romans 8:9). In the presence of God, there is no doubt that we are God's children and co-heirs with the Prince of heaven (Romans 8:17). Such truth should make our hearts soar with confidence in our future with God!

1 Thessalonians 4:14

“We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.”

Jesus' resurrection was just the beginning! His resurrection means that those of us who have faith in him, who trust in the Father that raised him from the dead, can have confidence that those who belong to him, whether they are living or dead when he comes, will also share in his victory over death.

Thoughts 

. "You'll never realize Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you've got." - Mother Teresa

"The most glorious promises of God are generally fulfilled in such a wondrous manner that He steps forth to save us at a time when there is the least appearance of it." - C. H. von Bogatzy

. "Gratitude is the most fruitful way of deepening your consciousness that you are not an "accident," but a divine choice." - Henri Nouwen

Prayer

O Father God, please transform my heart and mind by the power of your Holy Spirit. I want my thoughts to be your thoughts. I want my hearts desire to reflect the passions of your Son. I want my will to be guided by your Spirit. Please forgive my tendency to ruthlessly hang on to my own importance, my own will, and my own self-justification, even when I know it is not right or best. Make my mind more like the mind of your Son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
[Message No: 6266]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment