About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Secrets of Humility

+ The Yoke of Jesus

Matthew 11:29

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,  for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

+ In The Child

Matthew 18:4

Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
+ Through Servanthood

Philippians 2:7-8

rather, he made himself nothing   by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death — even death on a cross!

+ Under God’s Hand

1 Peter 5:6

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
+ Through The Word

1 Kings 21:27

When Ahab heard these words, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth  and fasted. He lay in sackcloth and went around meekly.

1 Kings 21:29

“Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has humbled  himself, I will not bring this disaster in his day,  but I will bring it on his house in the days of his son.”

+ By Acknowledging Justice

2 Chronicles 12:6

The leaders of Israel and the king humbled  themselves and said, “The Lord is just.”

+ By Responsive Heart

2 Chronicles 34:27

Because your heart was responsive  and you humbled  yourself before God when you heard what he spoke against this place and its people, and because you humbled yourself before me and tore your robes and wept in my presence, I have heard you, declares the Lord.

[Message No: 6259]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment