About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Simplicity of Speech and Unselfishness

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

 Proclaiming Christ Crucified

 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom.  For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.  And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling,  and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,  so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

2 Thessalonians 3:7-9

 For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you,  nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you.  It was not because we do not have that right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate.

Acts 20:20:33-35

I coveted no one's silver or gold or apparel.  You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my necessities and to those who were with me.  In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Thought 

. Christian men are but men.  They may have a bad liver or an attack of bile, or some trial, and then they get depressed if they have ever so much grace.  But what then?  Well, then you can get joy and peace through believing.  I am the subject of depressions of spirit so fearful that I hope none of you ever gets to such extremes of wretchedness as I go to. 

But I always get back again by this: I know I trust Christ.  I have no reliance but in Him.  Because He lives, I shall live also, and I spring to my legs again and fight with my depressions of spirit and my downcast soul and get the victory through it.  So may you do, and so you must, for there is no other way of escaping from it.  In your most depressed seasons, you are to get joy and peace through believing. - Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment