About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, April 27, 2018

Sometimes Our Kids Drive Us to Jesus

The official said to him, “Sir, come down before my child dies.”  Jesus said to him, “Go; your son will live.” The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and went on his way. – John 4:49-50
Sometimes the circumstances with our children drive us to Jesus for help. Deep inside our souls, we already know that we should daily seek Jesus with all of our heart. Unfortunately, everyday "busy-ness" and routine distractions choke out our apparent hunger to be in his presence. Then the crisis comes, and we realize again how much we need him.

The real question for us is whether we will come to Jesus for help in our time of need. If your concern for children or grandchildren is heavy on your heart, please turn to Jesus for a listening ear, a sensitive heart, and the power to act. If you aren't at the point of crisis, now is the best time to bring your children and grandchildren to the Lord in prayer and through time spent with them with a focus on the Lord.

Kindness Kills Anger & Wisdom Calms Others

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly. – Proverbs 15:1-2

Prayer - 

Lord, I’ve spoken loud and fast so often in the past. Now I realize this upsets others and breeds anger, and I also see how this is a foolish approach. Forgive me, Lord, and help others to forgive me, too. From now on help me to speak slowly, softly, and calmly when I face a tense or difficult situation. Help me to bring peace and gentleness to those around me who need it most.

Fill me with Your Spirit so I can help bring others closer to You. I want to be a part of the solution in the future instead of causing the problems to become worse. Remind me to stop when I’m about to be loud and angry, Lord, and help me to listen for that small, still voice in the heat of the moment. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Thought 

"Hypocrites in the Church? Yes, and in the lodge and at the home. Don't hunt through the Church for a hypocrite. Go home and look in the mirror. Hypocrites?

Yes. See that you make the number one less." - Billy Sunday —

[Message No: 6267]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment