About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Good answer to the Lord.

When you and I meditate on the sacrifice of Christ for us, certainly we should want to obey God and live holy lives for His glory. When only a young lady, Frances Ridley Havergal saw a picture of the crucified Christ with this caption under it:

"I did this for the? What hast thou done for Me?"

Quickly, she wrote a poem, but was dissatisfied with it and threw it into the fireplace. The paper came out unharmed! Later, at her father's suggestion, she published the poem, and today we sing it.

I gave My Life for thee.
My precious blood I shed;
That thou might ransomed be,
And quickened from the dead.
I gave, I gave, My Life for thee,
What hast thou given Me?

A good question, indeed! I trust we can give a good answer to the Lord.

Spiritual Truths

.. "God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." - Elisabeth Elliot

.. God doesn’t mind when you get to the point where you don’t know what to do next. Usually, that’s  when you start looking toward Him and asking for direction. - Marilyn Hickey

.. "Those who know God the best are the richest and most powerful in prayer. Little acquaintance with God, and strangeness and coldness to Him, make prayer a rare and feeble thing." - Edward McKendree (E. M.) Bounds

.. "We can never hear the warning often enough. The tongue may be small, but oh so deadly when not under the sanctifying grace of God." - Lin Pearson

Clouded View

"A voice came from the cloud; list to him." - Luke 9:35

The good news is that God doesn’t leave us either. Even if we can’t see Him though the circumstances that are clouding our faith, He can still break through to comfort us, correct us, and lovingly guide us back to what we need to be focusing upon–Him. Just as He did for me as I read this passage in Scripture.

[Message No: 6743]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment