About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Difficulties in your Discipleship?

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. — John 6:66

This verse haunts me. Not just because of the three numbers in the reference, but because it is a great reminder that many folks simply gave up following Jesus when things became hard to understand. When he shattered their preconceived notions of religious things, when he confronted them about their motives, they went away. What will I do when things get difficult in my discipleship and I can't figure out all the answers to what is going on? I hope, I pray, I trust that I will follow until the way and the will of the Lord become more clear!

When you call, Lord will answer

Hosea 14:8
Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols?
 I will answer him and care for him.
 I am like a flourishing juniper;
 your fruitfulness comes from me.”

Psalm 20:1
May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
 may the name of the God of Jacob  protect you.

Completion

John 1:3
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Genesis 2:1-2
the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
    By the seventh day  God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.    Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy,  because on it he rested  from all the work of creating  that he had done.

The Lord’s Servant

2 Timothy 2:24
And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

2 Corinthians 6:4
Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses;

[Message No: 7526]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment