About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Man’s desire and God’s Provision

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. — Deuteronomy 8:18
As we enter the month often associated with giving thanks, this reminder from Moses is an important one! We so easily forget to give thanks when things are going well.

It's easy for us to whine and ask God to help us when we are in trouble, but we often feel like we "deserve" the good things that happen to us. God reminds us that what we have is simply a confirmation of his grace and his faithfulness to do what he has said. We need to remind ourselves, and each other, that the blessings we have come from his hand and not because we deserved them more than someone else.

When you call, Lord will answer

Psalm 20:6
Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed;
 He will answer him from His holy heaven
 With the saving strength of His right hand.

Zechariah 10:6
“I will strengthen the house of Judah,
 And I will save the house of Joseph.
 I will bring them back,
 Because I have mercy on them.
 They shall be as though I had not cast them aside;
 For I am the Lord their God,
 And I will hear them.

Zechariah 13:9
I will bring the one-third through the fire,
 Will refine them as silver is refined,
 And test them as gold is tested.
 They will call on My name,
 And I will answer them.
 I will say, “This is My people’;
 And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”

[Message No: 7504]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment