About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, February 3, 2020

We Must? … ?

We Must? … ?

[Jesus said] "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." — John 5:30

"So who you tryin' to please, anyway?" These words of my dad still ring in my ears. His point? There are only two we MUST please: (1) our Father in heaven, because all praise and honor is due to him, and (2) ourselves, because we want to know that we've done the best we could do and been the best we could be. But I guess I've learned over the years that I can't begin to do the second of those very well without seeking the first one.

Don't you hope that someday you reach the place where you can join Jesus in saying with absolute assurance: "I seek not to please myself but him who sent me!" The closer we approach that reality, the more we realize that we can't do anything of eternal significance on our own. Only when we live to honor God do we find the significance and have the impact that our lives were made to have.

Set in Stone

Psalm 33:11
But the plans of the Lord stand firm  forever,
 the purposes  of his heart through all generations.

Fix Your Eyes on Jesus

Ephesians 1:18
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened  in order that you may know the hope to which he h
as called  you, the riches  of his glorious inheritance  in his holy people,

A New Year Prayer

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, Lord,
 teach me your paths.
    Guide me in your truth  and teach me,
 for you are God my Savior,
 and my hope is in you  all day long.
Crown of Rejoicing
[For soul winners]

1 Thessalonians 2:19
For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown  in which we will glory  in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes?  Is it not you?

[Message No: 7500]

I Praise Lord Jesus, for enabling me to send 7500 Messages to His children this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment