About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Thinking about our Eternal Life

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? — Matthew 6:25

Worries are many and they all seem to crowd in around bill time, don't they. Jesus reminded us that life is more than food or clothes. The real question is whether we can live like life is more than food and clothing. We get deceived so easily, like Esau who sold his birth right for a bowl of soup. Let's not sell out what is precious for the allure of what will most likely end in difficulty and entanglements or at the very least doesn't have eternal value.

How Saul Worshiped the Lord?

. By fearing the Prophet’s instructions

2 Samuel 15:24
Zadok  was there, too, and all the Levites who were with him were carrying the ark  of the covenant of God. They set down the ark of God, and Abiathar  offered sacrifices until all the people had finished leaving the city.

. By seeking the honor of them

2 Samuel 15:30
But David continued up the Mount of Olives, weeping  as he went; his head  was covered and he was barefoot. All the people with him covered their heads too and were weeping as they went up.

My Weakness, God's Strength

 2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace  is sufficient for you, for my power  is made perfect in weakness. ”  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Persecution

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
 for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight  in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,  in persecutions,  in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

[Message No: 7502]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment