About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, February 7, 2020

How to Overcome Temptation? - 2

10. By Enduring Patiently – Revelation 3:10
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

11. By Watching and Praying – Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

12. By Disciplining Body – 1 Corinthians 9:27 
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Excuses of the Deceived

I lead a good moral life and do the best I can –

Isaiah 64:6
We have all become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.
We all fade like a leaf,
and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Luke 16:15
And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.

Whereby shall I Know?

Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children;

[Message No: 7510]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment