About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Black Things in Scripture

Hair

Leviticus 13:31

But if, when the priest examines this kind of sore, it does not seem to be more than skin deep and there is no black hair in it, then the priest is to put the infected person in isolation for seven days.

Leviticus 13:37

If, however, in his judgment it is unchanged and black hair has grown in it, the itch is healed. He is clean, and the priest shall pronounce him clean.

Clouds

Decorations

Esther 1:6

The garden had hangings of white and blue linen, fastened with cords of white linen and purple material to silver rings on marble pillars. There were couches of gold and silver on a mosaic pavement of porphyry, marble, mother-of-pearl and other costly stones.

Skin through disease

Job 30:30

My skin grows black and peels; my body burns with fever.

Skim because of sin

Song of Songs 1:5-6

5 Dark am I, yet lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of Solomon.

6 Do not stare at me because I am dark, because I am darkened by the sun. My mother's sons were angry with me and made me take care of the vineyards; my own vineyard I have neglected.

Night

Proverbs 7:9

At twilight, as the day was fading, as the dark of night set in.

Gates because of being burned

Jeremiah 14:2

“Judah mourns, her cities languish; they wail for the land, and a cry goes up from Jerusalem.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment