About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Similitude's of Believers

Epistles

2 Corinthians 3:1-3  

1 Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you?

2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody.

3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Ambassadors

2 Corinthians 5:20  

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Pillars

Galatians 2:9  

James, Peter and John, those reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the Jews.

Revelation 3:12  

Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Soldiers

Timothy 2:3  

Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

Athletes

2 Timothy 2:5  

Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive the victor's crown unless he competes according to the rules.

Vessels

2 Timothy 2:20  

In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble.

Living stones and a spiritual house

1 Peter 2:5  

You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Strangers and pilgrims

1 Peter 2:11  

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.

Little children

1 John 2:1  

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

1 John 2:12  

I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment