About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bible Verses on Intimacy with God - 2

Proverbs 3:32 

For the LORD detests a perverse man but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 11:20 

The LORD detests men of perverse heart but he delights in those whose ways are blameless.

Proverbs 15:8 

The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him.

Proverbs 15:29 

The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

John 3:29 

The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.

John 14:21 

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

1 Corinthians 2:9 

However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”—

Philippians 3:8 

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ

Colossians 1:27 

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

2 Corinthians 4:7

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

Thoughts on Today's Verse....

While there are many talented and successful Christians in the world today, they are merely vessels for God's message of grace, hope, and power. Our focus should never be on the container for the message. Instead, what is most important is the integrity of the messenger no matter the situation, so that the message can be seen without distraction. God's power is what sustains us, not our own, we are simply a vessel, a tool, in the hands of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment