About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Examples of Troubling Self

Cain:

Genesis 4:10-12 

10 The LORD said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 

11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 

12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

Joseph’s brethren:

Read Genesis 37

Genesis 42:21 

They said to one another, “Surely we are being punished because of our brother. We saw how distressed he was when he pleaded with us for his life, but we would not listen; that's why this distress has come upon us.”

Adoni-bezek

Judges 1:-7 

6 Adoni-Bezek fled, but they chased him and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and big toes.

7 Then Adoni-Bezek said, “Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up scraps under my table. Now God has paid me back for what I did to them.” They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.

Agag

1 Samuel 15:33 

But Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so will your mother be childless among women.” And Samuel put Agag to death before the LORD at Gilgal.
Haman

Esther 9:25 

But when the plot came to the king's attention, he issued written orders that the evil scheme Haman had devised against the Jews should come back onto his own head, and that he and his sons should be hanged on the gallows.

Jonah

Jonah 4:1-3 

1 But Jonah was greatly displeased and became angry. 

2 He prayed to the LORD, “O LORD, is this not what I said when I was still at home? That is why I was so quick to flee to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. 

3 Now, O LORD, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment