About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sins mentioned in the Bible - 2

Lying 

Genesis 26:7-8 

7 When the men of that place asked him about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” because he was afraid to say, “She is my wife.” He thought, “The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful.”

8 When Isaac had been there a long time, Abimelech king of the Philistines looked down from a window and saw Isaac caressing his wife Rebekah.

Genesis 27:19=21 

19 Jacob said to his father, “I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game so that you may give me your blessing.”

20 Isaac asked his son, “How did you find it so quickly, my son?” “The LORD your God gave me success,” he replied.

21 Then Isaac said to Jacob, “Come near so I can touch you, my son, to know whether you really are my son Esau or not.”

Jealousy

Genesis 31:1-2 

1 Jacob heard that Laban's sons were saying, “Jacob has taken everything our father owned and has gained all this wealth from what belonged to our father.” 

2 And Jacob noticed that Laban's attitude toward him was not what it had been.

1 Samuel 18:8-11 

8 Saul was very angry; this refrain galled him. “They have credited David with tens of thousands,” he thought, “but me with only thousands. What more can he get but the kingdom?” 

9 And from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David.

10 The next day an evil spirit from God came forcefully upon Saul. He was prophesying in his house, while David was playing the harp, as he usually did. Saul had a spear in his hand 

11 and he hurled it, saying to himself, “I'll pin David to the wall.” But David eluded him twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment