About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Glory to Praise God - reasons

Psalms 149:5-9 

5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

6 May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands,

7 to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples,

8 to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron,

9 to carry out the sentence written against them. This is the glory of all his saints. Praise the LORD.

Four requests to be kept from the snares of the wicked:

Psalms 141:6-10 

6 their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs, and the wicked will learn that my words were well spoken.

7 They will say, “As one plows and breaks up the earth, so our bones have been scattered at the mouth of the grave.”

8 But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.

9 Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers.

10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety.

Jeremiah’s Sorrow:

Jeremiah 8:18-22

18  my Comforter in sorrow, my heart is faint within me.

19 Listen to the cry of my people from a land far away: “Is the LORD not in Zion? Is her King no longer there?” “Why have they provoked me to anger with their images, with their worthless foreign idols?”

20 “The harvest is past, the summer has ended, and we are not saved.”

21 Since my people are crushed, I am crushed; I mourn, and horror grips me.

22 Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment