About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Sins mentioned in the Bible - 1

Incest

Genesis 35:21-22 

21 Israel moved on again and pitched his tent beyond Migdal Eder. 

22 While Israel was living in that region, Reuben went in and slept with his father's concubine Bilhah, and Israel heard of it. Jacob had twelve sons:

Read 1 Corinthians chapet 5

Taking advantage of others

Genesis 25:29-34 

29 Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 

30 He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I'm famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.)

31 Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.”

32 “Look, I am about to die,” Esau said. “What good is the birthright to me?”

33 But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright.

Genesis 27:35-36 

35 But he said, “Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.”

36 Esau said, “Isn't he rightly named Jacob? He has deceived me these two times: He took my birthright, and now he's taken my blessing!” Then he asked, “Haven't you reserved any blessing for me?”

Genesis 29:23-25 

23 But when evening came, he took his daughter Leah and gave her to Jacob, and Jacob lay with her. 

24 And Laban gave his servant girl Zilpah to his daughter as her maidservant.

25 When morning came, there was Leah! So Jacob said to Laban, “What is this you have done to me? I served you for Rachel, didn't I? Why have you deceived me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment