About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Luke 11:2-4

He said to them, "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'"

Thoughts on This Verse....

We approach God as both the holy and almighty God who is to be worshiped in reverence and also as our Abba Father whom we approach as loving children.

Rather than needing long, ornate, and lofty prayers, God wants us to speak with him about the most basic everyday issues of our lives and know he hears us and responds to our spiritual and physical requests, doing what we need and blessing us with his grace.

Thoughts 

From the cowardice that dare not face new truth

From the laziness that is contented with half truth

From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,

Good Lord, deliver me. - Kenyan Prayer

Grant me, O Lord, to know what is worth knowing, to love what is worth loving, to praise what delights you most, to value what is precious in your sight, to hate what is offensive to you.  Do not let me judge by what I see, nor pass sentence according to what I hear, but to judge rightly between things that differ, and above all to search out and to do what pleases you, through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Thomas Kempis

Help me to spread your fragrance everywhere I go–let me preach you without preaching not by words but by my example–by the catching force, the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears to you. - John Henry Newman

Father God…You are Powerful!

Psalms 147:5-6

5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.
6 The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment