About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Vanity: Unbridled Lusts

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.   Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.

Vanity: Insecurity of Works

Ecclesiastes 2:18-19

Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me.   And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.
Blessings and Opportunities

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.   And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Man’s chief end of life

Ecclesiastes 3:14-15

I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

   That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Man’s Wickedness and Judgment

Ecclesiastes 3:16-17

And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.  

I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment