About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, March 15, 2018

God is with me—even in the Dark

Are you in a time of darkness? You can’t see the way. You don’t understand what’s happening. It makes no sense to you. Tell God about it and then leave it with Him. He knows the way and He is leading you into a new day.

God has promised us treasures of darkness. “I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by name “ (Isaiah 45:3).

The greatest treasure is to know God in a deeper way: to know that God is real and He meets real needs. It’s in the dark that God’s picture unfolds.

God says, “Trust Me. Don’t try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust Me and thank Me in advance for the good that will come out of it all.”

It will be a surprise how God will break into your life this time.

“Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” (Psalm 25:4,5).

The Great Physician

The end of Matthew 4 implies that people were following Him in the hope of being healed of anything that ailed them. Yet in response to the crowd’s desire to be physically healed, Jesus responds with words that can heal the soul.

The Great Physician looks deep into our hearts and heals not just our bodies but our souls as well.

Believe and Unbelieve

If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Faith adds its "Amen" to God's "Yea," and then takes its hands off, and leaves God to finish His work. Its language is, "Commit thy way unto the Lord, trust also in him; and he worketh."

Thoughts 

+ Good and evil both increase at compound interest.  That is why the little decisions you and I make every day are of such infinite importance. - C. S. Lewis

+ The million little things that drop into our hands, the small opportunities each day brings, He leaves us free to use or abuse and goes unchanging along His silent way. - Helen Keller

+ I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.
- Booker T. Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment