About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Strife

[Works of the Flesh]

2 Corinthians 12:20

 For I fear that perhaps when I come I may find you not as I wish, and that you may find me not as you wish—that perhaps there may be quarrelling, jealousy, anger, hostility, slander, gossip, conceit, and disorder.

Philippians 2:3

 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

James 3:14

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.

James 3:16

For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

Philippians 2:10-11

...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I love the fact that I do each day what everyone will one day do: bow before the majesty and proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ to honor the Father's glory. How wonderful it is to be able to make that proclamation because of grace rather than in fear at the end of a life that has been spent in what is rebellion, denial, and waste.

Bible Promises

  Isaiah 35:4

. Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."

Mark 2:28

. The Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.

 Isaiah 41:10

. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment