About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, March 16, 2018

Power Behind the Testimony

Revelation 19:10

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, whether that truth was revealed through ancient prophecy or revealed now. The Spirit is our assurance that we can know, understand, and apply the truth about Jesus.

So when we hear true testimony, when people give true witness to Jesus, then the Holy Spirit is right there supporting that message, using that message to convict people of sin and bringing comfort from that message to those in need.

When we speak the truth about Jesus, the Holy Spirit is there giving power to that truth.

Our Redeemer

Philippines 2:7-8

Christianity is not for wimps or the faint of heart. Our example is described by words like... "made himself of no reputation" ..."servant" ..."humbled himself" ..."became obedient" ..."death on a cross!" That's tough stuff. And that is our example. The story of the Jesus may begin with a sweet child, but it also begins with him being placed where animals ate their food. While it may be powerful and precious, it is not saccharine and fake sentiment.

 It is about the price paid to redeem and the people who are different because they know their Redeemer

Psalm 37:23-24

If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

I don't know about you, but I've stumbled my way through much of life. I've tripped at some of the most embarrassing moments. I've stumbled over my own feet, shoelaces, curbs, and just pure air. However, I am confident that in my spiritual life, even though I have stumbled from time to time, God has not let me completely fall.

When I think I'm going to plunge into the depths of the abyss, the Father's love, care, concern, Scriptures, servants, and helpers have kept me from destruction. God's hand does uphold me. He is there in times of trial. He has been mighty to save. I do believe that he delights in my journey. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment