About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, March 9, 2018

'Remember Who the Boss Is!'


A debate broke out between John's disciples and a certain Jew over ceremonial cleansing. So John's disciples came to him and said, "Rabbi, the man you met on the other side of the Jordan River, the one you identified as the Messiah, is also baptizing people. And everybody is going to him instead of coming to us." John replied, "No one can receive anything unless God gives it from heaven." - John 3:25-27


One of the most important questions you will ever answer is this: For whom do I work? No matter what your job or vocation, this is the vital question. Do you work to please yourself? Do you work to please your boss? Do you work to impress your peers or your superiors? Do you work to please God? So much of our angst and frustration comes back to this one crucial point: If we are Christians, we work to please God.

Whatever our jobs, if we work in ways and with attitudes that are in accordance with God's will, we don't have to be bitter or jealous about someone else getting the attention. If God is pleased, our life is a success. So let's ask God to reveal his job for us, and then let's do it with joy and passion.

Prayer

. Lord, it is so tempting to focus on acquiring more and more in this world. Desires for money, security, possessions, and positions overwhelm me and cloud my vision each and every day. I truly want to please You and learn to be satisfied with what You provide instead of what the world is telling me I need. Forgive me for being greedy and focusing on power, pride, and laying up a nest egg more than focusing on enlarging Your kingdom. Deliver me from greed, and remind me that greed is a modern form of idolatry. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Wisdom greater than power

Proverbs 21:22

A wise man scales the city of the mighty,
 And brings down the trusted stronghold.

Thoughts 

. A relationship with the Living God shouldn’t just fade away or wear out like an old pair of shoes.  It’s meant to be new every morning, just like the mercy it responds to. - Matt Redman

. I shuddered to think how many times in the past several years I’d made the mistake of confusing faith in myself with faith in God. - Christi Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment