About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, October 22, 2018

Lord, move me into the purpose for which I was created

2 Peter 1:10

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;

Zechariah 8:21

The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, “Let us continue to go and pray before the Lord, And seek the Lord of hosts. I myself will go also.”

Ephesians 1:11

In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

Psalm 20:4

May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfil all your purpose.

Psalm 71:9

“Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.”

We live in an age where those who are older are often shoved aside. This is true in the professional world with employees. This is also true in churches which often find themselves pandering to those who are younger or more financially powerful, while forgetting the aging and powerless.
Let's remember that God cares what happens to each one of us, no matter status or stature or age.

Thoughts 

"An idol of the mind is as offensive to God as an idol of the hand." - A. W. Tozer

"If I didn't have spiritual faith, I would be a pessimist. But I'm an optimist. I've read the last page in the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." - Billy Graham

Prayer

. Lord, thank You for reminding me that this is war — mental war. Many thoughts pop into my mind that should be removed, discarded, rejected, and eliminated. Help me to have the willpower to do just that. Help me to reject them, remove them, abstain from them, and replace them with good thoughts and wholesome, godly thinking. And grant me the discernment to know when this is happening to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[Message No: 6606]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment