About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Understanding the Spirit

But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.  None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. - 1 Corinthians 2:7-8

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:14

Over the last few months, we have repeatedly been reminded that the Holy Spirit lives in the follower of Christ. Without the Spirit living in us, we don't belong to Christ and cannot live for God. Without the Spirit, we will not be transformed to become like Christ. What's more, real prayer happens only because of the Spirit's work in our hearts.
Now, this last verse today goes a step beyond what we've seen to this point: We cannot truly understand the message of God — the Scriptures of God, the word of God — without the Holy Spirit within us. Not only did the Holy Spirit inspire God's message (2 Timothy 3:16-17), but the Spirit helps us understand this message and apply it to our lives. We cannot follow Christ without the Spirit of Christ alive in us!

Hebrews 13:6

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
How can we be confident in what happens today? What is our assurance for tomorrow? Where do we muster excitement about eternity? The Lord is our helper! Fear will not be our master because our future, our destiny, our eternity rest in the hands of the eternal Lord. The worst that man can do is to send me home to my Lord.

Prayer 

Lord, deliver me from the desire of pleasing others above pleasing You. It’s Your favor I need, Lord; it’s Your approval and blessing I desire. I praise You as Lord and Master. But I confess that I’ve often lived my daily life letting my desire for the approval of others to rank far above my desire to draw close to You or obey Your commandments. From now on, Lord, I see the safety of Your favor, Your protection, Your love. I seek the comfort of Your presence and Your whispers of truth in my spiritual ears. Let me hear Your voice and know it’s You. Let me fill my plans with Your Spirit and Your fullness. Let me know You better and Your desires for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[Message No: 6563]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment