About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

You are chosen by God Himself

Isaiah 43:10
“You are My witnesses,” says the Lord,  “And My servant whom I have chosen,
 That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He.  Before Me there was no God formed,  Nor shall there be after Me.

Amos 7:14-15
Then Amos answered, and said to Amaziah:
   “I was no prophet, Nor was I a son of a prophet,  But I was a sheep breeder
 And a tender of sycamore fruit. Then the Lord took me as I followed the flock,
 And the Lord said to me,  ‘Go, prophesy to My people Israel.’

John 1:6
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John

Jeremiah 1:5-7
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Then said I: “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’  For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak.

Psalm 34:2

“My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.”

We have no basis to boast in our own might. We can't preserve our life. We can't topple kingdoms. We can't see the edge of the heavens. We can't determine the future or change the past. So what do we have in which we can boast? God! We are living proof of his grace and mercy — he saved us when we didn't deserve it, he rescued us from sin and death when we had no power to preserve our life. Those in sorrow, brokenness, and night can look at us and rejoice, because we are living proof God saves the sinner, raises up the disheartened, and mends the broken. Praise the LORD for his glory. Praise the LORD for his grace.

Thoughts

Satan-proofers are believers are believers who have taken charge by letting godly principles become alive in their circumstances. - Marilyn Hickey

"Perhaps one reason God delays His answers to our prayers is because He knows we need to be with Him far more than we need the things we ask of Him."

— Ben Patterson

[Message No: 6627]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment