About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 9, 2019

What kind of God do we have in our Ministry?

We proclaim him [Jesus], admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we present everyone perfect in Christ. — Colossians 1:28

Our goal as Christians is not to obey some law, to adhere to some set of rules, or even be followers of some discipline. Our goal as Christians is to be conformed to the character and ministry of Jesus. This is the Spirit's work in us (2 Cor. 3:18) as Paul makes clear here and in other places (Galatians 4:19), this is his goal in working with others. Shouldn't this be our work as parents, friends, and spiritual mentors, too?

The delight of sacrifice

2 Corinthians 12:15
So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well.  If I love you more,  will you love me less?

Questions in Job 

30:25
Have I not wept for those in trouble?
 Has not my soul grieved for the poor?

31:1
I made a covenant with my eyes
 not to look lustfully at a young woman.

31:2
For what is our lot  from God above,
 our heritage from the Almighty on high?

Do ye now believe?

John 16:30-31
Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe  that you came from God.”
    “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied.

The undeviating question

John 21:17
The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
 Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?”  He said, “Lord, you know all things;  you know that I love you.”
 Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

[Message No: 7250]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment