About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Did you ever sent a note of thanks?

I [Paul] thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you [Timothy] in my prayers. — 2 Timothy 1:3

Paul is near the end of his life, facing persecution in a horrible prison. Many of the young men whom he had mentored have left the faith or have turned against him. How can he give thanks? Paul speaks of his confidence in his own victorious future with Jesus and in his son in the faith, Timothy.
What makes this special is that he communicates it to Timothy. He's not content to just give thanks to God in prayer! He also tells Timothy how precious he is in this letter. When was the last time you sent a note of thanks to the people you appreciate, letting them know they give you reason to rejoice before the throne of God?

Guide Our Steps

Psalm 18:6
In my distress  I called to the Lord;
 I cried to my God for help.
 From his temple he heard my voice;
 my cry came  before him, into his ears.

The Lost Envelope

Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. - Matthew 6:20

Servant Heart

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do,  whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks  to God the Father through him.

Clear Conscience

Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus,  then to those in Jerusalem  and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles,  I preached that they should repent  and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

[Message No: 7421]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment