About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, December 13, 2019

Our Mess-Ups

Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the LORD, who do their work in darkness and think, "Who sees us? Who will know?" — Isaiah 29:15

Aren't we so very silly sometimes! We try to hide what we've done and what we're planning from the Lord. Of course we're only fooling ourselves. At first glance, God's knowing our plans and seeing our actions is threatening. But after a little time to think it through, isn't it nice that God does see everything, including our motives and thoughts?

This insures justice will be done and our mess-ups will be evaluated in terms of our intentions, not just our failures! On top of that, it also means that those who plot to do us harm will have to answer to God, and we don't have to worry about "settling the score" or "getting even."

The Nature of Discouragement

Psalm 16:7-11

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
 even at night  my heart instructs me.
    I keep my eyes always on the Lord.

 With him at my right hand,  I will not be shaken.
    Therefore my heart is glad  and my tongue rejoices;
 my body also will rest secure,
    because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
 nor will you let your faithful one  see decay.

    You make known to me the path of life;
 you will fill me with joy in your presence,
 with eternal pleasures  at your right hand.

The Guarantee of Our Future

2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm  in Christ. He anointed  us,   set his seal  of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

[Message No: 7405]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment