About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Is God’s will is your delight?

Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight. — Psalm 119:143
This verse is hard for me, because I know I am so blessed. Trouble and distress do not seem to be a part of my vocabulary right now. But I know in many places in the world this statement is true of Christians who are under attack and live under the threat of persecution and possibly even death. But their love for God and their commitment to obedience is greater than Satan's threats because God's will is their delight.

Choose trust

Proverbs 3:5-6
Peace has been provided

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Tender-hearted, Forgive One Another

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”  Matthew 6:14

Letting Go and Pressing On

“…I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” Philippians 3:13-14 (NLT)

Peace or Panic?

“He who watches over you will not slumber…” Psalm 121:3

Thoughts 

. Those who draw water from the wellspring of mediation know that God dwells close to their hearts.  For those who wish to discover the quietude of old amid the hustle and bustle of today’s machine civilization, there is no way save to rediscover this ancient realm of mediation.  Since the loss of my eyesight I have been as delighted as if I had found a new wellspring by having arrived at this sacred precinct. - Toyohiko Kagawa

. The humility of Christ is not the moderation of keeping one’s exact place in the scale of being, but rather that of absolute dependence on God and absolute trust in him, with the consequent ability to move mountains.  The secret of the meekness and the gentleness of Christ lies in his relation to God. - H. Richard Niebuhr

[Message No: 7406]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment