About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Self-Directed Man

Luke 12:16-21
As you read through Luke 12:16-21 today, count the number of times the “rich fool,” as he is known, says the words “I” and “my.” This parable is a picture of the self-directed man trying to make his own way and secure his own future without help from anyone—including God.

The Father does not mince words with this man. Entering the scene in verse 20, God immediately calls him a fool! Don’t miss the severity in the condemnation. By relying solely on his self-focused short-sightedness and pride, this man left nothing behind at the end of his life—except for a pile of crops.

The message for us today is that, when we strike off on our own and initiate actions with no thought of God, we behave like fools. The Lord has a plan for your life. He knows where you’ll succeed and where you’ll fail. Trust Him to provide the direction you need.

Prophet – Abraham

Genesis 17:2-8
Then I will make my covenant between me and you  and will greatly increase your numbers.”
    Abram fell facedown,  and God said to him,   “As for me, this is my covenant with you:  You will be the father of many nations.    No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham,  for I have made you a father of many nations.    I will make you very fruitful;  I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.   

I will establish my covenant  as an everlasting covenant  between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God  and the God of your descendants after you.    The whole land of Canaan,  where you now reside as a foreigner,  I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you;  and I will be their God. ”

Thought 

. Chastity is the most unpopular of the Christian virtues.  There is no getting away from it: the Christian rule is, “Either marriage, with complete faithfulness to your partner, or else total abstinence.”  Now this is so difficult and so contrary to our instincts, that obviously either Christianity is wrong or our sexual instinct, as it now is, has gone wrong.  One or the other.  Of course, being a Christian, I think it is the instinct which has gone wrong. - C. S. Lewis

[Message No: 7403]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment