About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Emblems of the Holy Spirit - 1

. Water

John 3:5

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

John 7:38-39

Whoever believes  in me, as Scripture has said,  rivers of living water  will flow from within them.”    By this he meant the Spirit,  whom those who believed in him were later to receive.  Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

. Water fertilizes

Psalm 1:3

That person is like a tree  planted by streams  of water, 

 which yields its fruit  in season

 and whose leaf  does not wither—

 whatever they do prospers.

. Water refreshes

John 4:14

but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water  welling up to eternal life.”

Psalm  46:4

There is a river  whose streams  make glad the city of God, 

 the holy place where the Most High  dwells.

Isaiah 41:17-18

The poor and needy search for water, 

 but there is none;

 their tongues are parched with thirst. 

 But I the Lord will answer  them;

 I, the God of Israel, will not forsake  them.

    I will make rivers flow  on barren heights,

 and springs within the valleys.

 I will turn the desert  into pools of water, 

 and the parched ground into springs.

[Message No: 7830]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment