About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, November 12, 2020

How do you call Jesus?

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." — Mark 8:29

The sweetest confession we will ever make is this: I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and I want him to be Lord of my life. Let's say it again, out loud, to the glory of God the father. 

Then, let's commit that before our last day, we're going to help someone else come to say it for the first time!

Divine Certainties 

. Salvation of the Sinner

Romans 10:9

If you declare  with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,”  and believe  in your heart that God raised him from the dead,  you will be saved.

Isaiah 12:2

Surely God is my salvation; 

 I will trust  and not be afraid.

 The Lord, the Lord himself,  is my strength  and my defense;

 he has become my salvation.

Questions in Prayer 

9] What kind of man was Cornelius? – Acts 10:12

It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.

10] Should we pray in the Holy Spirit? – Jude 1:20

But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up  in your most holy faith  and praying in the Holy Spirit,

11] Should we have faith? – James 1:6

But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt,  because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Thoughts   

. The victory lies not with us, but with Christ, who hast taken on him both to conquer for us and to conquer in us. - Richard Sibbes

. If a man wins God’s race, it doesn’t matter where else he loses.  If a man loses God’s race, it matters not where else he may win. - Steven Lawson

. O Christ, I see thy crown of thorns in every eye, thy bleeding, naked, wounded body in every soul; thy death liveth in every memory; thy crucified Person is embalmed in every affection; thy pierced feet are bathed in everyone’s tears; and it is my privilege to enter with thee into every soul. - Thomas Traherne

[Message No:7846]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment