About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Identity in Christ


Galatians 2:20  

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Colossians 3:3  

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

1 Peter 1:23  

For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Timothy 1:12  

That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.

Philippians 3:13-14  

13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4:24

And to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Colossians 3:10  

And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

1 Peter 5:6-9 

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Show Up

 “It takes wisdom to have a good family, and it takes understanding to make it strong.”  Proverbs 24:3

Do you believe in your kids? Then show up. Show up at their games. Show up at their plays. 

Show up at their recitals. It may not be possible to make each one, but it’s sure worth the effort . 

Do you believe in your friends? Then show up. Show up at their graduations and weddings. 

Spend time with them. You want to bring out the best in someone? Then show up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment