About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Man’s search for God.


Man’s Need for of God – What is evident from: 

That there is a time of opportunity to seek God, but this opportunity is limited:

Isaiah 55:6  

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

God will be found by seeking man when God takes first place in his heart:

Jeremiah 29:13  

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Seeking God involves a response in deed as a necessary consequence of a response in heart:

Proverbs 1:23-27 

23 If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you.

24 But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,

25 since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke,

26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you—

27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

Refusal to respond to God in time of opportunity may bring a consequent silence of God in time of need:

Proverbs 1:28-30

28 “Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me.

29 Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD,

30 since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke,

God might give to others the opportunity which we reject:

Isaiah 65:1-2

1 “I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’

2  All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations—

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment