About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Things happened on “This Day”


Cain driven out
Genesis 4:14  
Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Prayer answered

Genesis 24:12  

Then he prayed, “O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.

Genesis 24:15  

Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milcah, who was the wife of Abraham's brother Nahor.

Buying a birthright

Genesis 25:31  

Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.”

Making vows

Genesis 25:33  

But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

Remembering faults

Genesis 41:9  

Then the chief cupbearer said to Pharaoh, “Today I am reminded of my shortcomings.

A memorial

Exodus 12:14  

“This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD—a lasting ordinance.

Exodus 12:17  

“Celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread, because it was on this very day that I brought your divisions out of Egypt. Celebrate this day as a lasting ordinance for the generations to come.

Remembering certain events

Exodus 13:3  

Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the LORD brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment