About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Stubborn - Contentous (eris):


It means to strive, struggle, fight, quarrel, wrangle, argue, debate; to be divisive, factious, contentious, argumentative and belligerent.

Matthew 22:3

He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

John 5:40

Yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Romans 10:21

But concerning Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”

Psalms 32:9

Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

Psalms 78:8

They would not be like their forefathers— a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him.

Psalms 81:11

“But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me.

Proverbs 1:24-25

24 But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,

25 since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke,

Isaiah 46:12

Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness.

Isaiah 48:4

For I knew how stubborn you were; the sinews of your neck were iron, your forehead was bronze.

Hosea 9:17

My God will reject them because they have not obeyed him; they will be wanderers among the nations.

Malachi 2:2

If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name,” says the LORD Almighty, “I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment