About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Knowledge of God


The Spiritual nature of God

John 4:24  

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Luke 24:39  

Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

God is a living Sprit

1 Thessalonians 1:9  

For they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,

God is invisible

Colossians 1:15  

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

God has nevertheless a form

Numbers 12:8  

With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”

Matthew 18:10  

“See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Exodus 33:21-23  

21 Then the LORD said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.

22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

Revelation 5:1-7  

1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”

3 But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it.

4 I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside.

5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

7 He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment