About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving – for Christ’s power and reign:

Revelation 11:17  

saying: “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

Thanksgiving – for the reception of the word of God in others:

1 Thessalonians 2:13

 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Thanksgiving – for deliverance through Christ from indwelling sin:

Romans 7:23 -25

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Thanksgiving – for victory over death and the grave:

1 Corinthians 15:57 

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving – for the grace bestowed on others:

1 Corinthians 1:4

I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

Colossians 1:3-6

3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,

5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Thanksgiving – for the zeal exhibited by others:

2 Corinthians 8:16

  But thanks be to God, which put the same earnest care into the heart of Titus for you.

Thanksgiving – for the proof of God’s care:

Psalms 75:1

 To the chief Musician, Altaschith, A Psalm or Song of Asaph. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment