About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Amnesia

A factory worker approached his supervisor at the end of the day looking confused. "How do I turn off my machine?" he asked. "You don't remember?" his boss asked. "No," the employee said. "In fact, I'm not sure where I am and what I'm doing here." The concerned supervisor sent him to a doctor. The diagnosis? Amnesia.


This situation has a spiritual parallel in Isaiah 44. God's people Israel apparently had forgotten who they were for whom they worked (v.21), where they had come from (v.24), and how much the Lord had done for them (v.22). They needed to be reminded that it is foolish to depend on anything made by human hands (vv.9-20), and that the Lord alone is able to control the course of human events (vv.24-25).


What could be worse for us today than forgetting that we belong to Christ, that He has bought us with His own blood, that He knows how we should live, and that He is the One who is in control of all the circumstances of our lives? Let's check ourselves. Maybe we, like ancient Israel, have had a lapse of memory. If so, let's forsake our sin, return to the Lord, and remember who we are and why we are here.
Spiritual amnesia is a dangerous condition, but it can be reversed. Lest I forget Gethsemane, Lest I forget Thine agony, Lest I forget Thy love for me, Lead me to Calvary.
Christians who act like orphans have forgotten that God is their Father.


Daily Thoughts


. A healthy church is the best witness to a hurting world.


.  healthy church is the best witness to a hurting world.


. You are one of a kind designed to glorify God as only you can.


. It takes true strength to refuse to retaliate. 


Chorus - Prayer


Lord, with Thine own promises I’m knocking at Thy door, 


Where my heart true treasure is, and Thine unfailing store;


Knocking in the Name of names that nothing can withstand,


Knocking as Thou bad’st me do, with faith’s persistent hand.


Prayer Quotations


 "0h brother, pray; in spite of Satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast, and lose breakfast, dinner, tea, and supper - and sleep too - than not pray. And we must not talk about prayer, we must pray in right earnest. The Lord is near. He comes softly while the virgins slumber." -  Andrew A. Bonar


 "Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees." -  Corrie ten Boom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment