About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Characteristics of a disciple

Characteristics of a disciple 

Submission  


John 8:28-31


28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 


29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 


30 Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him.


31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
Perseverance


Luke 9:62 


Jesus replied, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”


Endurance


Acts 14:22 


Strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said.


1 Peter 1:19-23 


19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 


20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 


21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.


22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart. 


23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.


Obedience


John 14:21 


Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
Faithfulness


John 8:31 


To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.


Fruitfulness


John 15:8 


This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
A servant heart


Matthew 20:26-28 


26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 


27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 


28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Humility


John 13:14-16 


14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 


15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 


16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.
Love one another


John 13:34-35 


34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 


35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment