About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Thoughts

Thoughts

Worry


“I don’t worry o’er the future,


For I know what Jesus said:


And today I’ll walk beside Him,


For He knows what is ahead.”


- Ira Stanphill


Word of God


“If we understood what happens when we use the
Word of God, we would use it oftener.”
- Oswald Chambers


A Prayer for Today


Abba Father, Thank you for bringing me into Your family.


May I never disappoint You in the way I treat others.


May they see in me the qualities of character that can only


Be attributed to Your presence in my life. To You be the glory


And the honor, forever and ever, through Jesus my Lord. Amen.
- Phil Ware


Proverbs 16:16  


How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver!


Thoughts on This Verse....


What are the greatest riches in life? Well surely they are not silver and gold. Of infinitely greater value is wisdom, which helps us understand what is valuable, what is true, what is worthy of our heart, and what is not.


What Bible says about - 1 Corinthians 15:55-57


55 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death is your sting?”


56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 


57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thoughts on This Verse....


Victory! Ultimate Victory!! If you don't have the answer for life's biggest test, death, then you have no victory. The Super Bowl and World Series are played every year. The champion is a victor for only one year. But a Christian is a champion forever because in Jesus, a Christian has victory over death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment