About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Examples of Hasty Action

Examples of Hasty Action

Joshua


Joshua 9:5  


The men put worn and patched sandals on their feet and wore old clothes. All the bread of their food supply was dry and moldy.


Saul


1 Samuel 13:9-14 


9 So he said, “Bring me the burnt offering and the fellowship offerings.” And Saul offered up the burnt offering. 


10 Just as he finished making the offering, Samuel arrived, and Saul went out to greet him.


11 “What have you done?” asked Samuel. Saul replied, “When I saw that the men were scattering, and that you did not come at the set time, and that the Philistines were assembling at Micmash, 


12 I thought, ‘Now the Philistines will come down against me at Gilgal, and I have not sought the LORD's favor.’ So I felt compelled to offer the burnt offering.”


13 “You acted foolishly,” Samuel said. “You have not kept the command the LORD your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. 


14 But now your kingdom will not endure; the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him leader of his people, because you have not kept the LORD's command.”


David


2 Samuel 16:4  


Then the king said to Ziba, “All that belonged to Mephibosheth is now yours.” “I humbly bow,” Ziba said. “May I find favor in your eyes, my lord the king.”
The prophet


1 Kings 13:18-19 


18 The old prophet answered, “I too am a prophet, as you are. And an angel said to me by the word of the LORD: ‘Bring him back with you to your house so that he may eat bread and drink water.’” (But he was lying to him.) 


19 So the man of God returned with him and ate and drank in his house.
Peter


John 18:10  


Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant's name was Malchus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment