About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Ingratitude to God

Ingratitude to God 

Prosperity likely to produce


Deuteronomy 31:20 


When I have brought them into the land flowing with milk and honey, the land I promised on oath to their forefathers, and when they eat their fill and thrive, they will turn to other gods and worship them, rejecting me and breaking my covenant.


Deuteronomy 32:15 


Jeshurun grew fat and kicked; filled with food, he became heavy and sleek. He abandoned the God who made him and rejected the Rock his Savior.


Jeremiah 5:7-11 


7 “Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not gods. I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.


8 They are well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for another man's wife.


9 Should I not punish them for this?” declares the LORD. “Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?


10 “Go through her vineyards and ravage them, but do not destroy them completely. Strip off her branches, for these people do not belong to the LORD.


11 The house of Israel and the house of Judah have been utterly unfaithful to me,” declares the LORD.


Warnings against


Deuteronomy 8:11-14 


11 Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day. 


12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down, 


13 and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied, 


14 then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.


1 Samuel 12:24-25 


24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. 


25 Yet if you persist in doing evil, both you and your king will be swept away.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment