About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Church leaders had authority to -

Care for churches

2 Corinthians 11:28 

Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.

1 Timothy 3:5  

(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)

Settle doctrinal disputes and make laws

Acts 1:5 

For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Acts 16:4 

As they traveled from town to town, they delivered the decisions reached by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem for the people to obey.

1 Corinthians 4:17 

For this reason I am sending to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.

1 Corinthians 7:17 

Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.

1 Corinthians 11:2 

I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings, just as I passed them on to you.

1 Corinthians 11:34 

If anyone is hungry, he should eat at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment. And when I come I will give further directions.

1 Corinthians 14:37 

If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.

James 2:24  

You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

Thought -

God’s Word is very clear that you can’t earn your salvation. It is only by grace, not your effort. But as a child of God you can bring pleasure to your heavenly Father through obedience. Search through your Bible and make a list of the small obedience’s that God says bring him pleasure. All of these can be acts of worship. Why is obedience so pleasing to God? because it proves you really love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment